Thursday 31 January 2013

Blogging for The Kidderminster Shuttle

In November 2012, I started blogging for my local newspaper, The Kidderminster Shuttle. My blog posts for this publication significantly differ from the content seen on Material-Media. Found at, www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/blogs, I review films, express my opinions on topical news stories and write lifestyle posts related to the local community

I post a new story every two to three weeks and receive positive feedback from not only my family and friends, but also from The Kidderminster Shuttle's Editor, Clive Joyce. I once blogged about an interview I had conducted with the Chief Constable of West Mercia Police, regarding the Police and Crime Commissioner Elections. Clive Joyce then featured my story as breaking news on The Kidderminster Shuttle's website homepage. 



I believe blogging for my local newspaper has helped improve my writing skills and has given me vital insight into interviewing techniques. Blogging every two to three weeks has also encouraged me to keep up to date with newsworthy material. Further to this, I have received a taste of what being a journalist or writer is like. As a blogger, I have to stick to deadlines and find inspiration and information for a new story regularly.

Click here to view my profile and blog posts for The Kidderminster Shuttle, or alternatively use the link at the top of my media portfolio. I hope you find my writing interesting and please feel free to leave a comment.

Abbey Hartley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.